Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better (2005)


"LET'S GET IT OVER WITH" WEEK (OCTOBER 15-21, 2012)

Noisy, repetitive Scottish power/pop. I'm not sure if this group is even still around. This is a mercifully brief album, with 13 tracks in only 41 minutes. Maybe I'd like it better if I was a 14 year old girl instead of a 46 year old man.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #8 (Oct 22, 2005)

Tracks:  The only track that has a catchy hook is Do You Want To, but it's a brief hook and they repeat it ad nauseum. Not surprisingly, none of this album's singles came close to charting in the US.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  Talk about buyer's remorse. As I was traveling to the University of Houston not long after the release of this album, I stopped by a Target in Pearland and bought this CD as an impulse buy. I tried listening to it on the 20 minute drive from Pearland to the UH campus, but knew I had made a mistake by the time I parked in a commuter lot. Today may the first time I've listened to tracks 6-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment