Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Various Artists - Music From The Motion Picture Charlie's Angels (2000)


I won't comment on the movie, but this soundtrack is an enjoyable, if pointless, smorgasbord of seemingly unrelated pop music from the years 1972-2000. Listening to it reminds me of listening to an iTunes shuffle (which had yet to be invented in 2000). Because of this, over half of the tracks have been ripped to my iTunes, a respectable number for a movie soundtrack.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #7 (Nov 25 & Dec 30, 2000)

Tracks: I prefer the songs that could have been heard on the radio when the original TV series was on: Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel by Tavares, You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer, Barracuda by Heart, and Got To Give It Up by Marvin Gaye which gets my vote for best track on the disc. I also enjoy Baby Got Back and Groove Is In The Heart. Of course, I have the '80s tunes (True and Turning Japanese) on several other CDs. I could do without the tracks from Destiny's Child and Aerosmith. The worst part of the disc is comedian Tom Green "singing" an intro to Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) during his 15 minutes of fame.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: My sons were ages 7 and 3 when this movie came out and it was totally inappropriate for them to watch, but my wife and I inexplicably allowed it. My wife bought this soundtrack and listened to it quite a bit in the minivan. In retrospect, subjecting two little boys to Baby Got Back wasn't the best idea. Now, I can't listen to Baby Got Back without thinking of the Richard Cheese cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment