Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Various Artists - The 80's: New Wave (1995)


I think I have almost all these songs on other CD's. If that's the case, why on earth did I buy this?

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:
  • Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
    Previously reviewed here.
  • Tainted Love - Soft Cell
    Previously reviewed here and here.
  • Doctor! Doctor! - Thompson Twins
    Previously reviewed here.
  • Broken Wings - Mr. Mister
    Not on any other disc currently in my collection. And for good reason: this song stinks as bad now as it did in 1985. I have no idea how this song became popular, much less how it reached #1.
  • Head Over Heals - The Go-Go's
    Previously reviewed here.
  • Mickey - Toni Basil
    Previously reviewed here and here.
  • Money - Flying Lizards
    Previously reviewed here.
  • Tenderness - General Public
    Previously reviewed here.
  • Perfect Way - Scritti Politti
    Previously reviewed here.
  • Send Me An Angel '89 (Dance Mix) - Real Life
    I've got this one on Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits Of The '80s, Volume 11 which has yet to be blogged. You'll have to wait for my take on this one.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment