Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Wrap It Up (1993)


Here we have a decent budget-priced collection of from the blues/roots rock band's years on the Epic record label (1986-1991). A decent sampler, but definitely for casual fans like myself. Being a fan a Texas blues, I always think I should like this band more than I do. While these studio recordings are fine, you can tell this music should be listened to live. I wouldn't listen to this in my office; it's more suited for a backyard BBQ. For the record, the band is a one hit wonder, with their only US Top 40 single, Tuff Enuff, peaking at #10 on the charts in June, 1986.

Tracks: The band's two hits are here, Tuff Enuff and a cover of Sam & Dave's Wrap It Up (#50, 1986). Of the remaining 8 tracks, I like Now Loosen Up Baby, Twist It Off, and It Comes To Me Naturally.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment