Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Various Artists - This Is Acid Jazz: New Voices 3 (1996)


A decent acid jazz sampler that I bought used more than ten years after it was released. Unlike another acid jazz sampler I own, I have actually heard of one of the artists: Count Basic. I like acid jazz as background music, particularly at work. It sounds like something you'd hear at a Starbucks that was too hip to play acoustic music.

Tracks: I like Soundscape's cover of I'll Be Around. There's three vocal tracks, Changes, Got To Do, and When It's Cold, which make me realize I prefer instrumental acid jazz. When It's Cold is particularly skipworthy. Other than those tracks, nothing stands out but nothing offends.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment