Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bowling For Soup - A Hangover You Don't Deserve (2004)


I liked the band's single, 1985 (which turns out to be cover), bought the CD when I was bored. Not bad, just not my thing. If you were into Simple Plan or Fountains Of Wayne or other bubblegum punk bands, here ya go. I will give these boys credit for some witty lyrics. This is one of those CDs you buy for one song and then just listen to the one song. In other words, a $14 CD single without any remixes.

Billboard, October 2, 2004, p. 31

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #37 (Oct 2, 2004)

Tracks: It's all the same. I still like 1985, though. I'm deducting points for the inclusion of 25 tracks (tracks 18-42), each lasting 5 seconds, of silence before we're given two more unlisted tracks. I don't really mind hidden tracks, but would prefer that you'd just list them. In the words of Herm Edwards, "Put your name on it!" However, in the case of the bonus tracks on this CD, I can see why they wouldn't want to put their name on it - I'd almost rather listen to this again than tracks 43 & 44.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Around New Year's Eve 2004, my family traveled to Austin to visit family. At the time, my sister-in-law owned a cat to which I was extremely allergic, so while the rest of my family stayed in the same house as the cat, I stayed at a nearby hotel. I bought this CD at a local Target for something to listen to as I drove back and forth from the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment