Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ottmar Liebert + Luna Negra - The Hours Between Night + Day (1993)


I picked this up about 5 years ago because I was always hearing Liebert's name on smooth jazz stations. This music isn't bad and I can appreciate it; unfortunately, Liebert's blend of flamenco/new age/world music just isn't my thing. I realize he has lots of fans and over 20 albums to his credit, but so does Kenny G. To me, this sounds like ambient background music you'd ignore at Pier 1 Imports.

Humorous review from Entertainment Weekly here.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #132

Tracks: 19 tracks, 71 minutes. Nothing really stands out here save for the Spanish language cover of Marvin Gaye's Mercy Mercy Me, which is horrible.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: This is only the third or fourth time I've listened to this disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment