Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Toni Braxton - Un-break My Heart (1996)


CD Single

4 versions of the #1 hit, written by Diane Warren and produced by David Foster, both superstars in their own right. Before Toni Braxton was a reality show star, she was a very good singer. I bought this single for the dance remixes, but now I'm thinking that I like the original ballad version best.

Tracks:
1. Album Version - It's a beautiful arrangement of a great ballad.
2. Soul-Hex Anthem Vocal - Heavy, heavy dance version. I don't care for it until about 6 1/2 minutes in.
3. Classic Radio Mix - Great dance remix.
4. Album Instrumental - What's the point? Karaoke maybe?

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I remember seeing Toni perform this on an awards show back when the song was popular. She sang the ballad version for a few minutes, then kicked into the dance mix to end it. The crowd went wild. I wonder if that performance is on YouTube? (It is: http://youtu.be/8ooR8Devnqk)

Blog post #400

No comments:

Post a Comment