Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Kraftwerk - Minimum-Maximum (2005)


I was completely unfamiliar with Kraftwerk's music before I bought this CD set, but I knew their name because they are often mentioned as the creators of electronic music that led the way for my beloved New Wave and dance music genres. This CD got good reviews when it was released, so I thought I'd dive in and see what everybody had been talking about for 30+ years.

I understand Kraftwerk is an influential Krautrock band. I understand they are pioneers in the field of electronic music. I understand they have had a lasting impact on the genres of industrial, dance, and rap music. I just don't like their music. This may be the first time I've listened to this all the way through. Ah well, live and learn. No disrespect intended, I fully acknowledge that there must be something I'm missing. I just don't get it [shrug].

This is a double CD live album, but crowd noise is at a minimum (no pun intended), so this becomes more of a greatest hits album. The performances were created using 10 Sony VAIO laptops containing Mobile Intel Pentium 4 M processors. Four were used for audio, running Steinberg Cubase SX, the remaining 6 provided the video system. No hauling around a lot of gear for these guys!

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: All the tracks sound different; all the tracks sound the same. My...eyes...glaze...over.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Trying to tackle Kraftwerk while writing a dissertation might not have been the best idea and that may explain why I don't fully grasp the band's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment