Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Various Artists - Do Something (1994)


Sold on the cheap at Taco Bell restaurants, this 10 track compilation CD was a fundraiser for the Do Something organization. According to the cover, this was supposed to be an alternative CD, but with the inclusion of General Public and Sarah McLachlan, that claim doesn't quite work.

Tracks: I think the only tracks worth listening to after 17 years are Low by Cracker, the cover of I'll Take You There by General Public, Leave It Alone by Living Colour, and Miles From Nowhere by The Smithereens. Enigma's Return To Innocence was aggravating in '94 and remains so today. Sarah McLachlan's song Possession is disturbing as ever. Skip those two. The other tracks are harmless and forgettable.


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I bought this CD with a couple of 59 cent bean burritos and a soda. How awesome is that?

1 comment:

  1. It's 2020, and I just came across this CD! I'm diggin' almost every track, and it's taking me back. For $5 you could have bought this treasured CD. For 10 bucks, this CD and five tasty burritos!

    ReplyDelete