Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Various Artists - Ultimate New Wave Party 1998 (1997)


A compilation of 18 songs in a continuous-mix (meaning the end of one song bleeds into the beginning of the next) to give you over an hour of non-stop music. I've got all these songs on other discs so I really have no idea why I purchased this. Yet here it sits on my shelf. Since the tracks are mixed together, the disc is now useless with iTunes. BTW, its not really a New Wave compilation if it includes Fine Young Cannibals. By 1988, the Wave had long since crashed upon the shore. Am I just picking at nits?

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #124

Tracks:
  • The Romantics - What I Like About You
  • Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself
  • Modern English - I Melt With You
  • Soft Cell - Tainted Love
  • Blondie - Heart Of Glass
  • Berlin - Take My Breath Away (remix)
  • The Cars - Just What I Needed
  • David Bowie - Let's Dance
  • ABC - Look of Love
  • Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
  • The B-52's - Rock Lobster
  • A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
  • Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
  • Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
  • Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
  • Haircut 100 - Love Plus One
  • Madness - Our House
  • Thompson Twins - In The Name Of Love

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I don't even remember buying this CD.

1 comment: