Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Meryl Streep and George Winston - The Velveteen Rabbit (1985)


One of the more unusual CDs in the collection, this is simply Meryl Streep reading Margery Williams' The Velveteen Rabbit over Winston's new age piano noodling. Both artists contribute their usual solid work. Much of Winston's work on this CD can also be heard on his December album. (In other words, he plagiarized himself.) I haven't listened to this album in many, many years. I could never get my boys to listen to it and have the book read to them via CD. It's a good book to hear this time of year.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #180

No comments:

Post a Comment