Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Run Lola Run Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1999)


A high energy soundtrack from a high energy movie. When I first saw this movie in the summer of 2000, I remember I had to pause it to catch my breath because it is so intense. This music has the same effect on me - it wears me out. I have never turned on this music and gone for a run while listening to it; I might have to give that a try.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: It's all up-tempo techno/electronica/trance with lots of remixes, so its hard to differentiate between the tracks. The original material by Tykwer/Klimek/Heil owes a lot to Ive's The Unanswered Question (which I think makes a brief appearance near the end of the movie). Some of the better tracks include Believe, Supermarket, and Somebody Has To Pay.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: The soundtrack, of course, reminds me of the movie. Once, when I was watching the DVD (maybe it was still VHS?), my oldest son would pass through the room every so often and at one point said, "That lady is STILL running?"

No comments:

Post a Comment