Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

James Taylor - Greatest Hits (1976)


James Taylor has one of the all-time great pop voices and is a fantastic songwriter. These are his early hits. 'Nuff said.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #23
Peak on Cash Box album chart: #13

Tracks: Love 'em all and can sing along with James on all the tracks (even if I have to make up my own lyrics every now and then).

Song
 Hot 100 
AC
Something In The Way She Moves

Carolina In My Mind67
Fire And Rain37
Sweet Baby James

Country Road379
You've Got A Friend11
Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight143
Walking Man
26
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)51
Mexico495
Shower The People221
Steamroller




Personal Memory Associated with this CD: If you grew up on AM radio in the '70s like I did, all these songs bring back good memories. A more recent memory comes from 2006. My wife and I took a cruise that made stops on the Yucatan Peninsula. As we took a bus ride inland to see the ruins at Chichen Itza, I made sure that I played the song Mexico on my iPod. Cheesy? Sure, but it brought a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment