Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

David Sanborn - The Best of (1994)


GREATEST HITS WEEK (JANUARY 17-23, 2011)

When I bought this in '94, it was one of only 2 Sanborn CDs I owned. I've since replaced many of my LPs and cassettes with CDs, so I have most of the songs included here on other CDs.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: I'm a big fan, so I like most all the tracks here. I prefer his earlier work as his late '80s material (starting with 1987's A Change of Heart album) hasn't aged particularly well, even though he was working with the fabulous Marcus Miller at that time. If I skipped any tracks, I might skip Slam. My favorites are A Tear For Crystal and Hideaway.


Song Album Year
1 Chicago Song A Change Of Heart 1987
2 The Dream A Change Of Heart 1987
3 Let's Just Say Goodbye Voyeur 1981
4 Slam Close-Up 1988
5 Lesley Ann Close-Up 1988
6 Carly's Song Hideaway 1980
7 Anything You Want Hideaway 1980
8 A Tear For Crystal Backstreet 1983
9 Over And Over As We Speak 1982
10 Rain On Christmas As We Speak 1982
11 Hideaway Hideaway 1980
12 It's You Voyeur 1981
13 As We Speak As We Speak 1982
14 Lisa Hideaway 1980
15 Neither One Of Us Backstreet 1983
16 Lotus Blossom Heart To Heart 1978


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I've seen Sanborn live twice. Both times he was an opening act. In October 1983, I saw him open for Spyro Gyra at Houston's Jones Hall and in August 1985, I saw him open for Al Jarreau at the Southern Star Amphitheater at the now defunct Astroworld.


No comments:

Post a Comment