Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

John Williams - Spanish Guitar Music (2002)


No, not THAT John Williams, the other one. The one that plays classical guitar. This is a beautiful compilation album of Spanish music either written for solo guitar or written for piano and transcribed for solo guitar. This CD was compiled from recordings originally made in 1964, 1965, 1967 and 1970; whoever did the digital remastering did a fantastic job. The playing is technically flawless and amazing but not distracting as the disc is very relaxing and enjoyable.

Tracks: The pieces by De Falla, Rodrigo, and Villa-Lobos are highlights as are the transcriptions of traditional Catalan folksongs.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: In 2002, I had just moved into my office in a brand new facility and purchased a bookshelf stereo for my new space. I bought 2 or 3 classical guitar CDs around that time, including this one. They provided background music for work during my conference periods (yes, that's plural. I was fortunate).

No comments:

Post a Comment