Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Various Artists - Dazed And Confused Soundtrack (1993)


Dazed And Confused is a hilarious 1993 Richard Linklater movie about stoned teenagers in the mid-'70s. As such, the soundtrack sounds like something that should be listened to on 8 track in a Plymouth Duster.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #70

Tracks:

Most can still be heard daily on your local classic rock radio station. The hidden gem is Cherry Bomb by The Runaways that comes nowhere close to getting the airplay it deserves. I could do without the Nugent and Skynyrd songs.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: My sons know most of these songs, not from my playing them constantly, but because of their inclusion in the Guitar Hero and Rock Band video game series. I'll confess to playing those games myself from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment