Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Madonna - Vogue (1990)


CD Single.

Madonna has become an easy target for ridicule, but I have to confess to doing some seat dancing while listening to this. It's a great dance tune, a cross between '70s disco and '90s house music. I could do without the campy namechecking section, but whatev.

Tracks: 4 tracks over 28 minutes. We're treated to the following four mixes:
  • Single Version
  • 12" Version
  • Bette Davis Dub
  • Strike-A-Pose Dub
Of these four, the single version is the best, with the Bette Davis Dub running a close second. The Strike-A-Pose dub isn't worth your time.


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: This song reminds me of the 1993 Junior Service League Charity Ball. I haven't attended that ball in about 8 years, but I feel safe in assuming that it still involves drunken community leaders embarrassing themselves as they try to recapture their youth. Good times.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Ray Of Light (1998)
Don't Cry For Me Argentina (1997)
Express Yourself (1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment