Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stevie Wonder - Someday at Christmas (1967)


Note: this edition is the 2004 reissue with 2 bonus tracks, retitled The Best of Stevie Wonder - The Christmas Collection: 20th Century Masters

A better than average Christmas album, released when Stevie was only 17. Sure the arrangements and production are dated; that's part of the charm. Stevie's harmonica playing always brings a smile to my face. I'm wondering why they didn't title the album "The Wonder of Christmas"? Too obvious?
 
Billboard review

Tracks: My favorites are Someday At Christmas, Silver Bells, The Christmas Song, What Christmas Means To Me, and Everyone's A Kid At Christmas Time. I usually skip the out-of-tune Ave Maria, the depressing Bedtime For Toys, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Me.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Talking Book (1972)

No comments:

Post a Comment