Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, December 18, 2020

Various Artists - Here, There & Everywhere • The Songs Of The Beatles: A Windham Hill Collection (1999)


As the title suggests, this disc consists of New Age covers of Beatles tunes. And it sounds exactly as you might imagine. One of those albums that's perfect when you're in the mood and irritating as hell when you're not.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: 13 tracks, 49½ minutes, today's favorites marked with a ✔.

Song
 Artist 
  
You Won't See Me
Snuff Walden
I Will
Tuck & Patti
Eleanor Rigby
Wayne Johnson

Here, There And Everywhere
Liz Story
If I Needed Someone
Michael Hedges
Martha My Dear
George Winston
Girl
Doyle Dykes

Within You Without You
Angels of Venice
Blackbird
Sean Harkness
Here Comes The Sun
Tracy Silverman and
Thea Suits Silverman

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Lisa Lynne

Mother Nature's Son
Free Klassic

The Long And Winding Road
Liz Story

Judging from the number of ✔ above, I must have been in a New Age mood this morning, huh? I find myself favoring tracks that feature piano and/or guitar over those with string instruments (remind me to tell you some unpleasant stories of my experiences with a green instructor and an ornery viola in my elementary strings class during freshman year in college). I'm not sure if I'd ever heard anything from Tuck & Patti before buying this disc, but their two tracks on the album (2 & 9) steal the show and I'll be listening to more of them henceforth.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment