Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, July 29, 2016

George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Greatest Hits: 30 Years Of Rock (2004)


16 track compilation of Thorogood's boogie-blues-rock hybrid. I call it "road house music" and it's perfect for a backyard BBQ with the neighbors (even better when you throw him in a mix with bands like ZZ Top and SRV or musicians he stole from like Muddy Waters and Bo Diddley). Thorogood never enjoyed success on the singles charts, but he's become a staple of classic rock radio. But a little bit goes a long way.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #55

Tracks:
Unless you've got a mix going, I recommend playing only the first 8 tracks.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I was a big fan of Bad To The Bone when the video hit the MTV back in '82. Never heard it on the radio back then, tho.



1 comment:

  1. Remember the tour Thorogood and his Delaware Destroyers did where they performed in all 50 States in 50 days?

    My Thorogood jam is his jacked-up, swaggering version of Bo Diddley's "Who Do You Love?" - it's a staple of my many road trip mixes and playlists.

    ReplyDelete