Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Booker T. Jones - The Road From Memphis (2011)


WISH LIST WEEK* (AUGUST 10-16, 2015)


Booker T. and the Roots, produced by ?uestlove. That fact tells you all you need to know. Best thing I've heard in a while and I've heard a lot of great music during this theme week.  Consider my summer heated.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #85

Tracks:  It's all good, but my favorites today are Walking Papers, The Hive, Harlem House, and the covers of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy and Lauryn Hill's Everything Is Everything.


Another listen?  Don't mind if I do.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Potato Hole (2009)
McLemore Avenue (1970)
Green Onions (1962)



*My money earned for teaching summer school usually pays for the family summer vacation. This year, however, we decided to forgo the usual vacay and spend money updating things around the house (the wife has been watching a lot of HGTV). Anyway, there was a little money left over, so I went over to Amazon and bought every CD available on my wish list, some of which had been on said list for over four years. This week, I'll be featuring some of these new-to-me discs; listening to many of them for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment