Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You (2003)


As I've written before, I'm not much of a '90s grunge/alternative fan, but I always liked the STP singles I heard on KRBE back when I listened to that station. This "best of" compilation had all those songs plus the acoustic version of Plush, so I picked it up but usually only listen to about half of the 15 tracks. More melodic than a lot of the alt-rock of the time, these songs hold up very well 20 years on. Robert DeLeo's riffs more than make up for Scott Weiland's unintelligible mumbling. This is still a good choice for windows-down/volume-up driving.

From BuzzFeed

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #26

Tracks:  The tracks I like are the usual suspects: Wicked Garden, Big Empty, Plush (both versions), Big Bang Baby, Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart, Sour Girl, and Interstate Love Song.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  I think I heard Wicked Garden on a Nissan truck TV ad and instead of selling me a truck, that ad sold me this CD.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I am in the right place. Let me check the header. Yup, The CD Project.

    Never in a million years would I have guessed our man had an STP disc on the shelf if I hadn't seen it with mine own eyes.

    Nailed it perfectly with the line: This is still a good choice for windows-down/volume-up driving. Though I would upgrade that to a GREAT choice. Have also enjoyed STP out by the pool.

    ReplyDelete