Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Smash Mouth - Fush Yu Mang (1997)


1997. Heard the Doors-ish Walkin' On The Sun on the radio. Liked it. Bought this CD. Found a few decent tracks. Skipped the rest. Thought it wasn't my thing. Put CD on shelf for 17 years. Pulled it out today. Better than I remember it. Will give it a listen poolside next summer as it seems better suited to that environment.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #19

Tracks:  Remember that I haven't heard this ska punk in a while, but today I'm digging the first four tracks as well as the Fonz, Disconnect the Dots and the cover of Why Can't We Be Friends. I want to skip the rest, which tend to be heavier and more frantic. At only 37 minutes, the whole thing is over quickly anyway.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Reminds me of the year I taught 8th grade English. Longest year of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment