Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Jim Hendrix - Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix (1997)


Because no collection is complete without Jimi (although this disc is superfluous as all these songs are standard fare on your local classic rock radio station).

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #133

Tracks:  20 songs, 74 minutes. Favorite Hendrix songs are Purple Haze, Fire, The Wind Cries Mary, Little Wing, Bold As Love, and Angel. The only track I'll skip is the infamous Star Spangled Banner from Woodstock because I prefer a more traditional SSB.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I came to Hendrix through a series of covers by other artists, but that's what happened. All roads lead to Jimi, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment