Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Various Artists - Feeling High: The Psychedelic Sound of Memphis (2012)


An impulse buy that didn't work out for me. 24 tracks of psychedelic garage rock from Memphis, 1967-69. Stax/Volt soul and Elvis, it ain't. I'm not saying it's bad (Allmusic gives it 4 stars); I'm saying it's not my bag, baby.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart:  Did not chart

Tracks:

Samples available here.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: purchased on a recent trip to Chicago at the wonderful Dusty Groove.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't think this one would rope your goat, so to speak. For once I was right. (Please note this on my permanent record.) You just don't seem like a Nuggets kinda guy.

    Hope you are not out too many $imoleon$.

    ReplyDelete