Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Various Artists - ESPN Presents Jock Jams, Vol. 3 (1997)


This is another one of those (thankfully few) CDs I have no memory of purchasing and now that I've pulled it out and listened to it again, I can't imagine why I would ever have purchased it. Evidently there were 5 additional volumes to the "Jock Jam" series in addition to 3 volumes in the "Jock Rock" series and a "Slam Jams" compilation. None of those discs currently appear on my shelves. The Chicken Dance and C & C Music Factory have finally made an appearance on the blog; let's hope that doesn't become a regular occurrence.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #23

Tracks:  If you've been to a sporting event at any level in the past 15 years - junior high basketball game to professional football game - you've been overexposed to these tunes. For the past three years, I've done the announcing and music selection for local high school baseball games and I've never even been tempted to use any of these tunes, although there's nothing wrong with the Tito Nieves, Republica, and KC & The Sunshine Band contributions here.


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None, but now I'm craving some popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. You don't want to know how many Jock Jams discs I own but I'll give you a hint: rhymes with "door". Also have the CD single of "The Jock Jam" [Mega Mix] - track 21 on the CD above.

    The way the songs blended into each other like on earlier Club MTV Party To Go discs was frustrating for home tapers like me - but I had a cheap Realistic mixer and I made the songs work.

    I was the official music team parent when my daughter played soccer and my boys played basketball across the span of ten years - resposnsible for making season-end mixtapes and later mix CDs for all the players on the teams. The Jock Jams discs along with the Now That's What I Call Music and Totally Now discs that hit the market around the same time allowed me to fill virtually all requests - except that one kid who always wanted the Explcit Lyrics rap songs his or her older siblings were listening to. That kid always left their mixtape or CD behind after the party.

    ReplyDelete