Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Air - Talkie Walkie (2004)

Well, this is a pleasant surprise.  I found this CD in a used bin not long after I blogged about the group's 1998 release, Moon Safari.  Not long after that post went up, the picture of the album art was taken down at the request of the copyright owner (I guess they didn't want the free publicity?).  That left a bad taste in my mouth, plus I wasn't in the right mood when I listened to this CD for the first time, so this CD has sat on the shelf for the past two years.  Pulling out the CD today is like listening to the album for the first time.  But today I must be in the right mood to hear it - I'm liking it because it sounds more like Zero 7 than Moon Safari did and the songwriting is a little better.  This is going to my truck for further listening.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #61


Tracks: To be determined, but today I'm liking Cherry Blossom Girl, Universal Traveler, Alpha Beta Gaga and Alone In Kyoto. Heck, I even like the foppery of Surfing On A Rocket.  I'm not liking Run and Biological.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Moon Safari (1998)

1 comment:

  1. Guess you're playing it safe by not featuring the album art this time.

    "Foppery"? Come on.

    ReplyDelete