Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Selah - Rose Of Bethlehem (2002)


Christmas songs performed by a contemporary Christian vocal trio with nasal country twangs backed with mostly New Agey or alt-country arrangements. It's an interesting combination, but not really my thing (especially the twang).

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  I'm not recommending this album, but by all means avoid the original tunes and the overwrought take on O Come, O Come Emmanuel.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: My copy is a promotional copy given to me by my friend Eddie (I guess he didn't want it, either). Nevertheless, he remains one of my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment