Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hot Gossip - Geisha Boys and Temple Girls (1981)


This whole joint is hard to explain so I'll let the liner notes do the talking:


So this is a covers album by a dance troupe. Completed in two weeks? You don't say! In case you couldn't guess, Hot Gossip is a hot mess. But since I'm a Heaven 17/BEF fan, I had to check it out to satiate my curiosity.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart.

Tracks:  The "best" track on this disc is the cover of I Don't Depend On You although the string quartet arrangement of I Burn For You is interesting to hear at least once. It's not on this disc, but I know you're curious about I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper with vocals by a young Sarah Brightman. It may very well rival Billy Squier's Rock Me Tonite for the title of worst music video of all time. If you make it to the end, you made it farther than I did. Here you go:



Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None. I didn't pick this up until 2008. This is the second time I've listened to it all the way through.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Heaven 17
British Electronic Foundation
Human League

No comments:

Post a Comment