Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rialto (1998)


Bombastic Britpop, equal parts Oasis and The Verve. Lots of orchestration. They make a valiant attempt to get a Beatlesque sound, but the songwriting is weak and the production is rumbustious.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  My favorite is Dream Another Dream (which has a fantastic hook); also good is Monday Morning 5:19. You can guess from the titles which tracks on the album should be avoided: Quarantine, Love Like Semtex, The Underdogs, and Milk Of Amnesia.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: my friend Scott gave me my copy of this CD. I had never heard of the band before then and I've never heard of them since. I rarely listen to more than the first two tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment