Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Boney James - Sweet Thing (1997)


As far as smooth jazz goes, this isn't bad. James is ten times better than Kenny G. I picked this up for $1; it is easily worth twice that. Now that I listen more to streaming services at work, my purchase of used smooth jazz CDs has come to a screeching halt.


Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #112 (June 28, 1997)
Peak on Billboard R&B albums chart: #49

Tracks: Most are R&B lite and good for background music. The songs that catch my ear are the title track (a cover of a 1975 Rufus song) and After The Rain. I don't care much for Words (Unspoken) or, despite guest vocals from Al Jarreau, the plodding I Still Dream.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Body Language (1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment