Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Seal (1991)


Beauty and simplicity. A fantastic debut album and like nothing else that was around at the time (post-hair metal, grunge, manufactured synth bands). The music is influenced by house music, but it's got more in common with good ol' pop and soul music than anything else. With Seal's singing/songwriting and Trevor Horn's awesome production, this album should have gotten more love when it was released - there's more to Seal than the hit Crazy. I can't understand what Seal is singing about, but that's never stopped me from liking good music. Perfect music for a calm, overcast morning.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #24

Tracks: 9 tracks, 52 minutes. I own Seal's first 4 CDs. This is the only one of those four without a skippable track. My only complaint would be that the final track, Violet, is about 3 minutes too long.

For more information on the brief life of the CD longbox,
go visit The Legend of the Longbox.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but the song Crazy occasionally reminds me of an episode of Beverly Hills 90210.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Human Being (1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment