Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this middle-aged man as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. CDs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no downloads. And just as CD technology (and the album format itself) becomes obsolete. I'm no music critic, just a music junkie with too much time on my hands.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits (1988)


I don't know why I bought this CD when I could tune into the local classic rock radio station and hear almost every track. Still, Lindsey Buckingham is hella songwriter and a vastly underrated guitarist and there's something about Stevie Nicks' raspy voice that makes for interesting and nostalgic listens.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #14 (Feb 11, 1989)

Tracks: the tracks from the group's 1975 self-titled album and 1977's Rumours are fun (especially Dreams), plus I like Hold Me. I remember liking the unusual song Tusk when it was released in '79, but now I'm inclined to hit the skip button when it comes on. I'm also not a fan of Gypsy, Little Lies, and Sara.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Music of my youth. AM transistor radio during hot, dry desert summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment