Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kronos Quartet Performs Philip Glass (1995)


Every now and then, I hear a little of Glass' minimalist music and think I should listen to more of it. This kind of thinking usually leads to the purchase of CDs such as this. Kronos Quartet's performance is flawless, as always, but these 4 string quartets aren't for me. Makes me sleepy. Cool album cover, though (The Four Corners, 1985 by Francesco Clemente).


Tracks: Best quartet: #3 "Mishima" (1985). Least favorite quartet: #5 (1991).

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Falling asleep on my futon the first time I listened to this CD.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Five Tango Sensations (1991)
Different Trains, Electric Counterpoint (1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment