Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Various Artists - Music From The Motion Picture How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1998)


How did this get in my collection? I'm not saying it's a bad CD, but it certainly isn't my usual thing. Even though this soundtrack was put together about 10 years past their prime, writers/producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis do a decent job grooving this R&B.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #8
Peak on Billboard R&B albums chart: #3  

Tracks: I have to admit liking Shaggy and Janet Jackson singing Luv Me, Luv Me. Escape To Jamaica by Lady Saw is a fun reggae cover of Rubert Holmes' Pina Colada Song. Other than that, meh. Wyclef Jean shows that he can destroy any song, even a classic Stevie Wonder tune. Shame.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I wish I could remember buying this. Surely there was a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment