Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cheap Trick - The Greatest Hits (1991)


I'm not much of a Cheap Trick fan, but I found this for $2 in the clearance bin. I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #174

Tracks:
SongHot 100Rock
Magical Mystery Tour--
Dream Police26 -
Don't Be Cruel48
Tonight It's You44 8
She's Tight65-
I Want You To Want Me (Live)7 -
If You Want My Love4511
Ain't That A Shame (Live)35 -
Surrender62-
The Flame1 3
I Can't Take It--
Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love12 4
Voices32-

At 13 tracks, I don't know all the songs on here, but it's fun to hear Dream Police, She's Tight, I Want You To Want Me, and Surrender. Although I'm usually a fan of covers, I could do without their versions of Magical Mystery Tour, Don't Be Cruel, and Ain't That A Shame. I had forgotten Tonight It's You and If You Want My Love but glad they're on here; I always like being reintroduced to old songs. I've never liked The Flame, but it unfortunately it has to be included. Come to think of it, I'm not much for any power ballad. I don't remember hearing the last three tracks before now: I Can't Take It, Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love, and Voices.

For more information on the brief life of the CD longbox,
go visit The Legend of the Longbox.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I Want You To Want Me takes me right back to junior high again. Surrender, of course, reminds me of Damone scalping tickets in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

No comments:

Post a Comment