Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Massive Attack - Collected (2006)


A best-of package from the British ambient trip-hop group. Massive Attack were never a singles group, but they've culled the best tracks from their first 4 releases. I always liked the group's laid back, experimental sound with dark, slow rhythms and lonely, romantic soundscapes. I was prompted to purchase this disc when I heard the group's song, Teardrop, used as the theme for the TV show House. However, once I've listened to this CD, I've had enough Massive Attack for a while; they're excellent in small doses.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #198 (April 22, 2006)

Tracks: This CD works well from start to finish. No skipping needed. I like Safe From Harm, Angel, Teardrop, Protection, Unfinished Sympathy (an early single that actually got airplay on Houston radio back in the early '90s),and Five Man Army.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: In July 2010, I listened to this music while riding a train heading from London to Brighton. It was a perfect choice for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment