Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Robyn - Do You Know (What It Takes) (1997)

Do You Know (What It Takes) CD single cover

CD Single

All these years later, I still think this is a fantastic song. I don't know why I've never checked out any of Robyn's other music. Just this year I read an article about how she continues to put out great pop recordings. At the very least, I should head over to iTunes and listen to some samples. This tune, though, peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at #7.

Billboard Single Review
Billboard, May 10, 1997, p. 62

Tracks: 3 versions of the song, all very different. My favorite is the second track (e-smoove bounce mix edit) when they lay Robyn's vocals over the bass line sampled from the Hall & Oates song I Can't Go For That. The third track is derivative of More Bounce To The Ounce. I like it.

RCA magazine ad for Robyn

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I bought this CD single and a few weeks later was given another copy as a gift from my friend Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment