Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The B-52's - Love Shack (1989)


CD Single

6 tracks clocking in at 35 minutes including 5 mixes of Love Shack plus the 12" Rock Mix of Channel Z. No liner notes.

Tracks: I'll rank the 5 mixes included here according to my personal preference.
  1. Big Radio Mix
  2. 12" Remix
  3. Remix/Edit
  4. A Cappella
  5. 12" Mix (because it cleverly incorporates a sample of The Temptations' Ain't Too Proud to Beg)

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: This song (and the other hits from Cosmic Thing) make me fondly remember my first year of teaching at Newman Smith High School in Carrollton,1989-90.

No comments:

Post a Comment