Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Incognito - The Best of (2000)


GREATEST HITS WEEK (JANUARY 17-23, 2011)

Incognito is an acid jazz group from England. They mix it up with some instrumentals, vocals by various guests, and some cover tunes. In contrast with many acid jazz groups, Incognito varies its tempos from track to track, making them easier to listen to for extended periods of time.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: The best tracks on the CD are the first two - Still A Friend Of Mine and a cover of Stevie Wonder's Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing. Also good are Deep Waters and Talkin' Loud. The only track I don't care for is Roots (Back To A Way Of Life).

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I remember first listening to this compilation on my way to visit Hilltop Lakes to see my friend Swen.

No comments:

Post a Comment