Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Harry Connick, Jr. - She (1994)


In 1994, Harry Connick, Jr. temporarily left his big band Sinatraesque song stylings for some New Orleans funk. While this abrupt change upset many of fans, it produced this, my favorite Connick CD. I would be jealous of Connick's musical skills alone, but he's also good-looking, an actor, and married to a Victoria's Secret model. Talk about being born under a good sign. Sheesh.

Press of the time:

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #16

Tracks: The title track is my favorite, but Between Us, Trouble, To Love The Language, and Whisper Your Name are all good as well. Some tracks that beg to be skipped are That Party, Follow The Music, and its companion, Follow The Music Further. The instrumental Joe Slam And The Spaceship wouldn't be out of place on a Tarentino movie soundtrack. The CD falls apart near the end, but I say that about a lot of CD's, so that could just be me.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I remember listening to this on a trip from Bay City to Mo-Ranch in the summer of 2004 or 2005. James P. and I traveled together for some reason, and he had never heard this CD before. As I recall, he enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment