Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Various Artists - Music From The Motion Picture Sliding Doors (1998)


A fairly decent compilation of mid-90s BritPop and acid house music. Of the 13 artists represented, I was previously familiar with only 3. The rest of the tracks are by groups I'd never heard before watching the movie. From what I can tell, it looks like the album's track listings differed slightly between the US and UK markets.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  Considering it's a rom-com soundtrack, there's an above average number of decent cuts here. I like Have Fun Go Mad by Blair, Drug Soup by Space Monkeys, Good Enough by Dodgy, Use The Force by Jamiroquai, On My Own by Peach Union, and More Love by Brand New Heavies. I normally skip Don't Feel Like Cryin' by Abra Moore and Call Me A Fool by Those Magnificent Men.

Track 3 is Turn Back Time by Aqua. Before hearing that band's album Aquarium, I never put it together that Turn Back Time was recorded by the same group that sang Barbie Girl. Also included are soft rock (or maybe the proper term is now "adult alternative pop") hits Thank You by Dido and Amateur by Aimee Mann as well as an Elton John oldie, Honky Cat.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I'm not a huge fan of Gwyneth Paltrow, but I think she looked fantastic in that wig.


No comments:

Post a Comment