Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - Live At Luther College (1999)


Even though I rarely listen to Dave's live recordings, for some reason, I can't pass them up when I find them sitting in a used bin. This is a two-disc live acoustic album by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds recorded at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa on February 6, 1996 and released nearly three years later. I don't think Reynolds is an official member of Dave Matthews Band, but I know he's done some studio work with them and toured with them on occasion. It was the first concert by the pair to be available commercially, but there are, of course, numerous bootlegs out there. The liner notes aren't any good, but at least there's not a lot of banter between tracks. The problem with 2+ hours of two acoustic guitars playing Matthews' music is that it all starts to sound the same after a while.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #2 (Feb 6, 1999)

Tracks: I prefer disc 1 to disc 2. Of course, I lean towards the tracks with which I'm already familiar, like Tripping Billies, Jimi Thing, Crash Into Me, What Would You Say, and Ants Marching. The rest just blends together. Skip the rambling Little Thing.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Weekend on the Rocks (2005)
Stand Up (2005)
Live at Folsom Field, Boulder, Colorado (2002)
Everyday (2001)
Before These Crowded Streets (1998)
Crash (1996)


No comments:

Post a Comment