Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Living Colour - Super Hits (1998)


GREATEST HITS FORTNIGHT (FEBRUARY 6-19, 2012)

A budget-priced compilation of this funk/heavy metal band that was most popular in the late '80s/early '90s. Discovered by Mick Jagger at CBGB's, this band showcased the skills of Vernon Reid. I was never a big fan of the group, but I liked three of their songs, so when I saw this CD in the budget bin at Wal-Mart, I picked it up. Other than those three songs, this music doesn't get any playing time around here. The group probably should have hit it bigger than they did, there's just not much market for funk metal bands, I guess. A live bill of Living Colour, Fishbone, and 24-7 Spyz would be an awesome show, wouldn't it?


Tracks: The three tracks that I've ripped to iTunes are Cult Of Personality, Glamour Boys, and my personal fav, Open Letter To A Landlord. Another tune I'm liking this time around is Type.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: see Decade from earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment