Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Dave Matthews Band - Live at Folsom Field, Boulder, Colorado (2002)


This is a live double disc set that I bought for $4.98 at a Half Price Books in San Antonio a couple of years ago. I've never listened to it in its entirety until now. I'm a fan of DMB's studio releases where he teams up with a producer that reigns Matthews in. His rabid fans don't like that, so they don't like CDs such as Everyday and Stand Up, but those are two of my favorites. This live release features songs from Everyday, so it's tolerable. I'm not a fan of jam bands, so a 10 minute version of Bartender (a song I don't like to begin with) is probably one of the reasons I've never made it through this CD before. Clocking in at a reported 2:37:53, this CD requires quite a time commitment.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #9

Tracks: Like I said, I like the songs from Everyday as well as Crash Into Me and I Did It. Not a fan of Big Eyed Fish, the aforementioned Bartender, and Digging a Ditch. The cover of Dylan's All Along the Watchtower is excessively long and self-indulgent. At least they're smart enough to close with Ants Marching.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None, other than listening to this for the first time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment