Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yellowjackets - Like A River (1993)


I liked this group back when I first heard them in 1983 on Mirage à Trois, but then they started a slow transition from synth-based smooth pop/jazz to either saxophone-based fusion or straight-ahead neo-bop. The critics as well as the band's hardcore fans loved it. Me? Well, it's good for what it is and I enjoy a song when it should happen to come around on a shuffle, but that doesn't keep me from yearning for the group's early sound.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart
Peak on the CashBox Jazz Albums chart: #7

Tracks: My picks from this disc are My Old School and Dewey (for Miles). Not a fan of Sueños.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I picked this disc up as a part of a CD lot of jazz music I bought on eBay way back when.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Collection (1995)
Politics (1988)
Mirage à Trois (1983)

No comments:

Post a Comment