Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rick Braun - Body And Soul (1997)


A used smooth jazz CD I picked up a few years to have some background music at work. For my tastes, this suits the bill perfectly, although I guess it would also be good late night with an adult beverage. I generally don't like trumpet smooth jazz, but I have to admit that I'm usually pleasantly surprised and pleased when I pick up a Braun CD.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart:  Did not chart

Tracks:  My picks are Notorious, Long Tall Judy, Angel, and Coolsville. I've often stated my dislike for a token vocal track on an otherwise instrumental album; we get that on this disc with Love Will Find A Way. Needless to say, I'll pass on that one.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Shake It Up (2000)
Beat Street (1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment