Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, October 26, 2012

New Order - (the rest of) New Order (1995)


UK Import

This release is a companion to the band's 1995 greatest hits package, The Best Of New Order. 10 remixes, 80 minutes of dance/techno music. While none of the remixes are better than the originals, they are different enough for a curious listen every now and then, sort of like the Pet Shop Boys' Disco 2. I have to confess to a little chair dancing as I write this. Bottom line: this album is completely superfluous, but if you like New Order, you'll like this.

Tracks:  The better remixes here are True Faith (Shep Pettibone remix) and Regret (Fire Island mix). The most abrasive remix is Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction mix) which is too much for me from the get-go. Naturally, Confusion is the longest track at 10:12.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None. Since it was never released here in the US (that I know of), I was unaware of this release until I saw it sitting in a used bin. Obviously, I couldn't pass it up.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Waiting For The Sirens' Call (2005)
Get Ready (2001)
Bizarre Love Triangle (1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment