Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bebel Gilberto - Momento (2007)


Probably my least favorite Bebel Gilberto CD, but that doesn't mean it's bad, it simply has a few weak tracks and is uneven. Bebel is in fine voice, the slick production is here, but the material is weaker than what I'm accustomed to. Fortunately, this wasn't the beginning of the end as Gilberto bounced back in 2009 with another strong CD, All in One. She remains one of the few artists that I continue to follow, buying each new CD upon its release without previewing it first. Speaking of which, isn't it about time for a new release?

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #169 (May 12, 2007)

Tracks: The best cuts are the title track, Azul, Um Segundo, and Cadê Você. I never thought I'd skip tracks on a Bebel CD, but I'm not fond of Bring Back The Love or Close To You. There's a great cover of the lovely Chico Buarque tune, Caçada followed by her laid back take on Cole Porter's Night And Day. It's a good CD, but I was hoping for a great CD.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Every time I listen to Bebel Gilberto, I inevitably think, "I need to listen to Bebel Gilberto more often."

Previously revisited for the blog:
All in One (2009)
Bebel Gilberto (2004)
Tanto Tempo (2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment